Read: GANT SEO
Connect with new customers
+53% increase in men’s shirt revenue and +43% YoY increase in overall brand visibility plus significant seasonality wins when it matters most.
While battling against an increasingly competitive multi-brand retailer marketplace, GANT UK decided to strategically focus on a long-term SEO approach to grow brand visibility, targeted traffic and product revenue.
To achieve their goals GANT UK required collaboration with a partner who understands the fashion industry and is committed to providing new tactics and ideas to grow their organic search channel. Our deep expertise in SEM and the fashion industry make us the perfect choice to manage their ambitious SEO project.
For over 4 years we delivered insights beyond lack click ecommerce channel revenue that helped to create sustainable improvements both on and off their platform. Our primary focus was improving SEO for the UK, but we also consulted with European, Nordic and US markets. The campaign approach was based on three pillars: technical, content and links including:
- Working alongside developers on a bespoke ecommerce platform, creating new ways to automate SEO actions at scale.
- Analysis of how categories perform for user journeys alongside SEO considerations. We don’t look at technical best practise in isolation, and we make sure the bottom-line revenue and user experience are considered equally.
- As a global leader in shirts, this category is a key focus and we consistently deliver organic revenue growth. Improving Share of Voice in SHIRTS required a long-term plan.
- Due to how competitive the market opportunity is for organic rankings, seasonality wins such as KNITWEAR visibility in Winter and POLOS in Summer are key to revenue growth.
- Backlink profile strategy was enabled by rolling out digital PR outreach and partnering with the UK’s top fashion influencers.
- In the first 12 months, brand visibility based on organic impressions increased +41.3%
- SEARCHMETRICS (Enterprise SEO Platform) recorded year one visibility improvement score for Nonbrand Phrases at +280%.
- By the end of the second year, YoY revenue growth reached +40% from Google UK visitors.
- Page 1 Google rankings were consistently achieved for competitive terms such as CHINOS, SHIRTS, POLO SHIRTS, SWEATERS, and JUMPERS. Previously they ranked on page 3 and 5.
- New customer revenue growth using SEO was heavily focused on SHIRTS and we increased that by between 45-90%.
- Men’s Shirts revenue increased with the biggest YoY jump at +53.6%. Our forecast revenue growth range was 20% to 40%.
- We consistently achieved higher organic visibility for GANT in a key category like MENS SHIRTS than their rivals such as Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, or Ted Baker.
“In all the time I’ve worked with The McGarry Agency they have never let me down. Their work ethic and knowledge of SEM and all its facets is second to none. I have 100% trust in their work and know they can deliver results above and beyond my expectations, they are always looking for ways to improve performance. I don’t see the relationship as client / agency, they have become more like an extension of my team.”
Ecommerce Director at GANT